Last updated: July 1, 2020
Special Interest Group in Prehospital Care, College of Emergency Physicians, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia (“Us”, “We”, “Our”) operates https://www.phcmalaysia.com (the “Site”). We care about your privacy and committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia (“PDPA”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time, of which you will be promptly updated. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
• To better understand your needs.
• To improve our services and products.
• To send you promotional emails containing the information we think you will find interesting.
• To contact you to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research.
• To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
• Administration of enrolment and academic activities.
• Program planning and administration.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Site, we may collect the following data:
• Your IP address.
• Your contact information and email address.
• Other information such as interests and preferences.
• Data profile regarding your online behavior on our website.
• Personal information to establish your identity and background such as your full name, passport or identity card number, nature of work, institution, education background, proof of certification, nationality, and religion.
• Contact information such as billing address, institution address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email address.
• Payment information such as your debit or credit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, billing address, expiry date and other bank account details.
• Recording of your image during online session.
• Recording of your audio during online session.
• Recording of your photograph during any of our online and offline events, or third-party open day.
• Recording of calls and messages placed by you to our customer services, chat boxes, or any messaging application in the Site.
• Your resume or curriculum vitae.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We may collect personal data either from you, from your authorized representatives, from third parties, or from publicly available sources which may include (but is not limited to):
• When you register for our services (for example when you submit an application form to become a member of the Site)
• When you contact us in person, by email, chat boxes, any messaging application, or a phone call (for example when you contact us for any enquiries, complaints, comments or feedbacks, we may keep record of that correspondences).
• When you participate in any surveys, questionnaires, competitions, contests, offers, or promotions done internally or via an appointed third party.
• When you commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a service provider, or business partner).
• When you attend any of our events or third-party open day.
• When you visit or browse our Sites (including unregistered guest).
• When you apply to become a learner on our site with us.
• When you interact with us via social media or interactive applications including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• When we collect information about you from third parties we dealt with or are connected with you (payment collector, housing developer, credit reporting agencies or financial institutions)
• From such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of personal data relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
Data Collected to Manage Your Membership
At checkout, we will collect your name, email address, username, and password. This information is used to setup your account for our site. If you are redirected to an offsite payment gateway to complete your payment, we may store this information in a temporary session variable to setup your account when you return to our site.
At checkout, we may also collect your billing address and phone number. This information is used to confirm your credit card. The billing address and phone number are saved by our site to prepopulate the checkout form for future purchases and so we can get in touch with you if needed to discuss your order.
At checkout, we may also collect your credit card number, expiration date, and security code. This information is passed to our payment gateway to process your purchase. The last 4 digits of your credit card number and the expiration date are saved by our site to use for reference and to send you an email if your credit card will expire before the next recurring payment.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
We use data gathered by Google Analytics to ensure that the site is meeting your needs, and to see where there is room for improvement. All user data that we receive is completely anonymous. However, your domain name or IP address, may identify you depending on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. You may wish to ask them about their polices and practices.
We use Google Analytics to track how you use our Site, including information about:
• How long you stay on the site
• What search terms you use on the site
• Which, and how many, pages you visit while you’re on the site
• What page you’re on when you decide to leave the site
If you don’t want Google Analytics to record how you use our websites, you can opt out by using this browser extension or setting your browser to private mode.
Use of Personal Data Collected
You agree that we may use your personal data where permitted by applicable law and for the following purposes:
• To verify your identity.
• To manage and maintain your account or contract with us.
• To notify you about event updates, benefits and changes to the services.
• To provide and improve our services to you including fulfilling audit requirements, billing for services, and facilitating payments.
• To carry out your instructions or to respond to any enquiries, complaints, comments or feedbacks that you have submit to us
• To protect or enforce our rights to recover any debt owing to us.
• To compile information for analysis and in reports for relevant regulatory authorities.
• To transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any of your agreements with us.
• To update, consolidate and improve the accuracy of our records.
• To administer competitions, contests, offers, or promotions.
• To produce data, reports and statistics which have been anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual.
• To conduct research for analytical purposes including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your transactions with us.
• To conduct surveys, questionnaire, and provide you with information from us or which we feel may interest you.
• To engage in business transactions in respect of services to be offered and provided to you.
• To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations under the applicable laws, regulations, guidelines or industry codes that applies to us.
• For internal management of the services being provided to you.
• To maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes.
• To provide training for our staff.
• To conduct marketing and information technology activities (for example, market research).
• To persons who have been identified as being you or your authorised representative(s) pursuant, for the purpose of the relevant transaction or enquiry
• To third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us (such as analysis on our behalf) for any of the purposes described above. Where we disclose your personal data to third parties we shall ensure that such data is used only to provide services to us.
• For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Data
As a part of providing you with our services and the management or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
• Federal or state government.
• Law enforcement agencies.
• Government agencies.
• College of Emergency Physicians, Academy of Medicine of Malaysia.
• meccmy.org domain.
• Companies or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers or professional consultant.
• Companies or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with services that you have requested.
• Our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal data.
• Other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
If Personal Data Provided by You Is Incomplete
Where indicated in our application or registration forms manually or electronically, it is obligatory to provide your personal data to us to enable us to process your application for our services. Should you fail to provide a complete and obligatory personal data, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services.
Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Data
You may edit your general profile information (your first and last name, display name, and email address) in our Site. For other information (e.g. username, billing address, etc.), you may make a request to us via our Data Update Request Form. We can assist you to access and correct your personal data held by us. The form is available at our Site and it will take up to ten working days to complete your request.
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
If you make a purchase on our site, we use a third party payment processor such as but not limited to Paypal. Payments are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our site and related courses and its service providers.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that relevant to prehospital care. We may contact you via email through @phcmalaysia.com domain or [email protected] GSuite account, a phone call, short messaging service (SMS), whatsapp, telegram, wechat, or any other communication services.
If you no longer want to be contacted by us through our email services, please unsubscribe directly from that newsletter or contact us directly to update or delete your data. If you contact us, it will take up to ten working days to complete your request.
When you click on links on our Site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
We allow advertisers and/or merchant partners (“Advertisers”) to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and/or promotional offers and you agree that we may provide any of the information we have collected from you in non-personally identifiable form to an Advertiser, in order for that Advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements and/or offers. For example, we might use the fact you are located in Kuala Lumpur to show you ads or offers for Kuala Lumpur businesses, but we will not tell such businesses who you are. Or, we might allow Advertisers to display their ads to users with similar usage patterns to yours, but we will not disclose usage information to Advertisers except in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. Note that if an advertiser asks us to show an ad to a certain audience or audience segment and you respond to that ad, the advertiser may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they were trying to reach.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
By submitting your personal data, you consent to the use of that personal data as set out in this Policy. If we change our Policy, we will publish the amended version on this page. But you can email or write to us to ask for a copy. Continued use of the service will signify that you agree to any such changes.
Your Choices And Opt-Outs
Members and Visitors who have opted in to our marketing emails can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our marketing messages.
Also, all opt-out requests can be made by emailing us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that some communications (such as service messages, account notifications, billing information) are considered transactional and necessary for account management, and Members cannot opt out of these messages unless you cancel your phcmalaysia.com membership account. You can cancel your membership and delete all your information by email using the contact details provided in the “Contact Us” section below. All request via email will be processed within ten working days.